Im Not 31, I'm 18 With 13 Years Of Experience!
“31 Going On 13”
If you are wondering what is up with the title, it’s because I turned 31 last month. But the truth is, I feel 13… and, in total honesty, sometimes I act it, too (don’t judge me). Read on for the full scoop!
I’m going to start by talking about my last birthday. Even though last year was amazing, it was intense and life-changing. I graduated in May, chose a new major, planned a wedding, a honeymoon, and turned 30 in April. Not-so-surprisingly, planning anything for my birthday was the last thing on my mind, so I opted for a quiet day at the EAU Palm Beach spa, and a romantic dinner with my then soon-to-be husband.
We all get a little of the “birthday blues” from time to time; especially when it is a milestone one, such as the BIG 3-0. And amid last year’s chaos, I totally gave in to “the blues.”As April approached this year, and the “birthday blues” began to sneak up on me, it suddenly hit me: WOW I’m turning 31, I’m not in my 20’s anymore, where has time gone?
Those who know me are aware that I’m a kid at heart: extremely playful and dorky. Then I got to thinking, what should you do to fight the birthday blues? Well duh, you have a cake-smash session with your friends! I got with my genius photographer friend Michel, founder and owner of Cherry Blossom Studio, and we did just that. The session was a total success. We had a blast followed by some left-over cake and bubbly… there might have been some whiskey, too LOL! But anyway, in honor of my 31st birthday, I decided to do a personal blog, and share 31 things about me. I’d love for you to get to know me a little better.
There has always been a taboo about a woman’s age, but I truly believe that it is a blessing to get older—not everyone has the privilege. So enjoy life and every minute you are given; only the lucky ones get to grow gray hair and acquire some smile lines.
Don’t get caught up in the number. As the good old saying goes: “Age is nothing but a number.”
So here we go—31 things about me! Enjoy, and thank you for reading along. Catch you on the next one!
- My name is Lilian, and I was named after my aunt, fun fact, there are three Lili’s in my family lol
- I cherish and appreciate honesty and boldness infinitely. I’m a very honest and bold person myself, and sometimes I can come across a little strong
- I go through life at my own pace and do things when I truly feel them in my heart not when they are expected of me
- I’m a big animal and nature lover, dogs, pigs and otters being my absolute favorite
- I always wear perfume. I don’t ever leave my house without spritzing some. My three favorites are Chloe, Mademoiselle by Chanel, and Peony & Blush Suede by Jo Malone. I recently became a big fan of Donna by Valentino, which was my wedding fragrance, a gift from my husband.
- My favorite instrument is the violin, and I’ planning on learning how to play one day
- I make plans to make other plans, yes I’m that girl (annoying lol)
- I wouldn’t call myself messy, but I tend to lose things all the time
- I’m always late, my mom tells me that I’ll be late to my own funeral. In my defense, is a Cuban thing
- Although I’m a fashion lover, there are days where I leave the house in pajamas, it happens 😉
- My favorite past time is crafting. I love doing anything hands-on, it calms me, clears my mind and fulfills me
- I’m an extroverted introvert. I can be super social or super shy at times, depends on the crow
- I don’t enjoy small talk, I much rather have meaningful conversations, I’m not exactly a great small talker
- I’m spiritual but I don’t fallow a specific faith
- I take naps when I’m extremely busy and overwhelming, I know, so helpful right?
- I live by one simple rule: “Don’t do to others what you don’t like to be done to you”
- I’m extremely selective with the friendships I build, I don’t care for superficial relationships
- Things I love: the fresh breeze in the early morning, waking up to my moms coffee, cuddling with my dog, road trips with my husband, museums, music, the beach, crafting, poetry books, traveling
- Favorite places to visit: My grandmothers farm, my childhood beach house back in Cuba and Sarasota
- I’m forever a foodie, absolutely love trying new foods and discovering new cultures
- Peanut butter, cold feet, liars, people with second agendas, are a few things I dislike
- Walking barefoot, the first sip of coffee, rainy days, full moon, hearing my mom laugh, a few things I love
- Adjectives my friends use to describe me: loyal, strong, independent, grumpy, adventurer, crazy
- I’m obsessed with tacos like I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- My husband named our 10-year-old Yorkie after himself, Alex Jr. II, we are not exactly normal people in my household LOL
- Curious fact, I either wear a full face of makeup or 0, I’m a bit of an extremist lol
- My favorite color is black, I own over 30 pairs of black leggings
- My perfect date night: Home with our puppy, pizza on deck, and a comedy to watch
- I love pigs, and I hope to one day have one of my own
- I LOVE having tea parties with my friends
- Perfect girls night out: Karaoke at my besties house, with lots of bubbly, we always have a blast
Photographer: Cherry Blossom Studio
Heels: Betsey Johnson
Flower Crown: Modern Muse Boutique
Well, there you guys have it, 31 things about me! Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post. here are some pictures from my cake smash and birthday party! Enjoy and thank you for reading along, catch you guys on the next one.